Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

It felt so great to go thrift store shopping Tuesday! It has been FOREVER since I have been shopping. I was trying to be good. Anything I brought home would add to this giant-mess-of-a-house we are living in, but I needed my fix and couldn't resist the temptation any longer. Here are my finds... 
(You get a sneak peak of our new floors and base board too)

This abstract painting.



I found this wooden gazelle, because everyone needs a wooden gazelle. Believe me when I say, finding one with its horns still attached is a rare find.



These candle holders will look great after a good cleaning and polishing.



I liked the cork on these votive candles. 



This wooden plant stand. Yes, I like wooden stuff. 



I loved this photograph of the train tracks by the beach. 



I already purchased some candle holders but these had me as soon as I turned them over. What an awesome homemade gift from dad in 1936. Awe, it made me think of all the awesome wooden things my father has made for me. I hope someone else is still enjoying them 70+ years later. 






I can't wait to use these items as I redecorate our house. When I say "redecorate" I really mean: drag all my belongings from the garage and put them back in their places. It might still be a few weeks before I get to do that. We had an unseen hang up with finishing our floors. That was a sad realization but we hope to be back on track by next weekend. I hope you all have a great week!

Stay Humble
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Great finds! I can't help but stop into our thrift store constantly.......

    ReplyDelete

01