Thursday, June 16, 2016

Cane Back Office Chair

Today, I am sharing a chair revamp I did for our office. I found this chair at a thrift store for $25.00. It literally sat in our garage for two+ years as I procrastinated my intentions for it. I dropped the ball and didn't take a before picture. (Sorry) Just imagine a brown wooden cane back chair with a dirty white seat cushion.


Spray paint seemed the easiest way to bring this back to life. Regular paint would have been a drippy mess because of the cane back and notched leg/arm detail. I used Rustoleum Auto Primer and Rustoleum Lagoon in a satin finish. I picked this color because I wanted the chair to match my office bench that I refinished back in 2014. If you missed that you can find it HERE


After the the primer dried, I sanded lightly with a low grit sandpaper before I applied the paint. I used three, light, even coats of both primer and paint. A local upholstery company made a new cushion cover out of some left over fabric I had laying around. 



In the process of painting.



Here is the finished product. It was hard to capture the true color of this paint. the last picture is more accurate. It is more on the teal side. 





Now I can say that my office is complete! I will be doing an office reveal soon. So keep your eyes pealed for that. Have a fantastic day!

Amber






2 comments:

  1. Love it! And u put rollers on like any smart woman would do!

    ReplyDelete

01