Thursday, January 16, 2014

Seeing in black & white

I have always been a fan of black and white. My room as a teenager was covered from head to toe in it. I'm not exaggerating when I say that. I really had white walls covered with black splatter and sponge paint. I think every room needs a little black and white to give it a nice balance.

So I have this weird little area in my hallway that needed something. It was difficult because its a small spot and there are two doors close by so the item would have to let traffic flow. I measured and went on the search, and searched again. It took me many months until I found this piece for $12.00! Score a billion times over! 

  
It fits perfect and has two shelves that are now home to my camera gear and my husbands Go Pro stuff. I love the extra storage and its easily accessible for when we are running out the door to take photos or going to record that awesome Tough Mudder race or mountain bike ride or what ever other manly thing my husband is up to.

 
 
It is my new love. Sorry guys, this ones not for sale. I could never part with it. Do you guys have a piece of furniture that you want to be buried with? Something that makes you smile every time you walk by it? I know my heart skips a beat when I'm near mine.
 
Stay Humble

Amber

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love your vision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!!! Are those painted or did you attach white pieces of wood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There is a small piece of wood down the front, to cover the part where the doors meet but its all painted.

      Delete

01