Monday, March 31, 2014

So long, farewell, Auf wiedersehen

I'm back. Its been a busy few weeks. My nieces and nephew moved to V.A on Saturday so I wanted to spend as much time as possible with them before they left. I had a small family goodbye party for them. It consisted of a jumper, pot luck taco bar, goody bags for the kids and some good acoustic music around the fire. I didn't want to do anything too elaborate. Being limited on time, I had to use it wisely.

I made my own goody bags for the kids out of brown paper lunch bags I had at the house. My five year old nephew and I decorated them. He drew pictures of the earth on the boys bags while I used the "girl colors" that he wouldn't pick up to design the girls bags. After I filled them with toys and candy I punched two holes in them and closed them with a string bow.  

I think they turned out really cute and cost me ZERO dollars! My niece even cut the drawing out on her bag to save. So sweet.



I made this sign to hang on the fire place. I used the pages of a Magic Eye Illusion book as paper and hung it with string. I also strung up some colorful craft pompoms that I found at the dollar store.


On top of the potted plants and flowers on my patio I wanted to bring more to the tables. I have seen spray painted mason jars in bright colors all over Pinterest. I thought they would make a fun vase. I had a few on hand not being used so I got the spray can out. I used Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze.


I regret not taking photos of the whole space. I guess I was too busy being a good host. Everyone had a wonderful time. This goes to show that you don't need to spend a fortune on party decorations. A few DIY homemade items go a long way. I'll be back soon with the chalkboard signs Ive been working on. Have a great week!

Stay Humble
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

01